- Trip Dates: July 23 – 29
- Team Availability: 20
- Cost: $400 – $500
- Personal letters are the best method to raise support. You can expect an average of $25 per letter, which means you need to mail about 15 letters out.
- Start saving now! Don’t rely on your letters. Start mowing grass, babysitting, and saving money to go towards the trip.
- Don’t forget the importance of prayer! Prayer support will be key in our mission together!
This year we are excited to be partnering with Atlanta Youth Project, Hands On Atlanta and Nicholas House – three ministries that are new to us but who have been serving the under resourced and underprivileged in Atlanta for some time.
Atlanta Youth Project started in 1991 with a vision to establish relationships in underserved neighborhoods to provide the support, resources and encouragement necessary to build vibrant communities and promote positive youth leadership. By providing safe and easy access for volunteers wishing to serve the city, the Atlanta Youth Project strives to bring suburban and urban communities into partnership.
Hands On Atlanta has been tackling greater Atlanta’s most pressing needs by igniting a passion for service and creating life-long community volunteers for the past 30 years. Their core values include: civic engagement, respect and inclusion, pursuit of excellence and community partnerships.
Nicholas House is the only shelter in Atlanta that provides housing to homeless families regardless of family makeup. They provide temporary housing while addressing the root causes of family homelessness so a family may never be homeless again.
Some details are still to be worked out, but we are excited to see how the Lord will move in our hearts and in the hearts of those in Atlanta during this mission trip.
- Completed application due May 14 with $50 deposit
- Commitment to attend all team meetings
- A heart to serve the city and others, and an openness to be part of a group that desires to see God work in our hearts.