1 – God’s Character
Theme Verse: “Instead, clothe yourself with the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. And don’t let yourself think about ways to indulge your evil desires.” (Romans 13:14)
5 Questions people ask:
- Who is God?
- Who am I?
- How is Jesus Unique?
- What does it mean to follow Jesus?“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.” He says, “Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles, and I will tell them, ‘I never knew you; away from me, you evildoers.’” (Matthew 7:21-23)
- Why is this important?
Truth 1: God is the holy, just, gracious Creator of all things.
God is holy.
“I am the LORD, your Holy One, the Creator of Israel, your King.” (Isaiah 43:15)
God is just.
“He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous are both alike an abomination to the LORD.” (Proverbs 17:15)
God is gracious.
“For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people…” (Titus 2:11)
1. Talk about God as Creator.
“Since the creation of the world, God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.” (Romans 1:20)
2. Talk about God’s holiness
3. Talk about God’s justice
4. Talk about God’s grace
– What do you find most difficult about sharing the Gospel? How does your behavior towards sharing the Gospel reflect your belief in the character of God?
– Are there things you learned tonight about God’s character? What are they?
– Why must God be the starting point of the Gospel? How can you make sure people truly understand who God is?
– Give some examples of how the Gospel could be worked into “teenage” conversations.
– How can you wear the Gospel better this week? What are some intentional things you can do?