1 – Who is in Your Circle?
Big Idea: Show me your friends and I’ll show you your future.
Theme Verse: “Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. 10 If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. 12 A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.” (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, 12)
- Allies: people that cooperate with or help each another in a particular activity.
- Friend: a person who you know and have a bond of mutual affection.
>> Acquaintances (outer circle)
>> Friends (next circle)
>> Close Friends (next circle)
>> Your Squad (inner circle)
>> BFF (dot)
1. Great friend circles require self-sacrifice
“ This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. 13 There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” (John 15:12-13)
2. Great friend circles require loyalty
“A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.” (Proverbs 17:17)
“Wounds from a sincere friend are better than many kisses from an enemy.” (Proverbs 27:6)
3. Great friend circles require love
“This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you.”
ONE LAST THOUGHT
ARE YOU GIVING YOUR CIRCLE YOUR ALL?
– When you think of friendship what comes to your mind first? Why?
– Todd said, “show me your friends and I’ll show you your future.” What did he mean by that?
– Where has having the right friend helped you? Where has having the wrong friend hurt?
– How can you put in action what you learned tonight?