1- Fight the War
Big Idea: If you will allow God to change your thinking, you will change your life.
Theme Verse: “For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. 5 We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, 6 being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete.” (2 Corinthians 10:3-6)
Your life is always moving in the direction of your strongest thoughts.
“for as a person thinks, as he thinks in his heart, so he is.” (Proberbs 23:7)
Worried 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Peaceful
Negative 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Positive
Worldly 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Eternal
What comes into your mind comes out in your life.
- Identify the number one stronghold that’s holding you back.
“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” (Romans 12:2)
- Name the truth that demolishes that stronghold.
“God’s divine power has given us everything we need to live a godly life…” (2 Peter 1:3)
“And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:32)
– Do you think it’s easier to notice negative thinking in yourself or in others? Why?
– How do you personally battle negative thinking? What have you found that works?
– What’s one negative thought about yourself that you sometimes believe?
– What can you change, or start, to allow God to renew your mind?
– How can you apply what you’ve learned and battle with God’s Word this week?