1 – The History
“All scripture is God breathed and it’s useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness so that the people of God may be thoroughly quipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16)
- Bible means “book” and Holy means “set apart, perfect”
- the Bible was written in 3 languages – Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek
- It has been translated into over 2000 languages.
- the Bible has 66 books – 39 in the OT and 27 in the NT
- the Bible was written by over 40 authors
- the Bible is the best-selling book of all time
1. The Bible is Inspired
“All scripture is God breathed…” (2 Tim. 3:16)
God used human authors to communicate His words.
2. The Bible is Infallible
“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
The Bible is completely true and trustworthy.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.” (Proverbs 14:12)
–> Challenge for the week: Find someone who is older than you and who is a Christ follower. Ask them which version of the Bible they use and why? Then text Todd the answer or let him know on Wednesday.
– What did you learn about the Bible tonight that you didn’t know before?
– Why is it important that we know the history of the Bible (where it came from)?
– Why is the inspiration of the Bible so important? How does Biblical inspiration show God’s love for us?
– Why is the infallibility of the Bible important? What does it mean?
– When you think about the Bible in your life, how important is it (be honest)? How could you grow in your love for God’s Word this week?