Join Me: From Obligation to Opportunity 3 – Come Boldly 11/15/17 (HS)
“For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” Hebrews 4:15-16
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love, he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.” Ephesians 1:3-6
1. Encounter Him through Prayer
what you pray about reflects what you believe about God.
2. Enjoy His Presence
“Grace and mercy will follow us all the days of our lives.” Psalm 23:6
- When you hear the word bold, do you usually associated that word with your faith? Why or why not?
- How do you tend to view your relationship with God? What changes in you when you think about the fact that you have direct access to God?
- Todd talked about prayer and presence with God. How would you describe what prayer and presence looks like in your spiritual life right now?
- What keeps you from experiencing intimacy in your relationship with God? What could change in your practices this week to open the door to intimacy?