Join Me: From Obligation to Opportunity 2 – Firmly Believe 11/8/17 (HS)
Video: Uphill Battle
what you believe determines how you behave.
“Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.” Hebrews 4:14-15
The Apostles’ Creed I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; he descended to the dead. On the third day he rose again; he ascended into heaven, he is seated at the right hand of the Father, and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
behavioral changes always precede spiritual drifting.
- How did you react to the video Todd showed? Do you ever feel like you are living upstream? How so?
- Todd said, “What you believe determines how you behave.” Do you agree? How has that played out in your life for good? For bad?
- How confident are you in articulating what you believe? Do you think about your beliefs a lot?
- Are you able to spot spiritual drifting in your life? Where do you see it? How can your beliefs anchor you better in those areas?
- What are your takeaways tonight? How can you accept the invitation to “Join Me” when it comes to what you believe?