Direction 3 – The Trust in the Process 10/18/17 (HS)
Theme verse: I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.” – Psalm 32:8
the decisions that you make today determines the life that you will live tomorrow.
“And now, behold, I am going to Jerusalem, constrained by the Spirit, not knowing what will happen to me there, except that the Holy Spirit testifies to me in every city that imprisonment and afflictions await me. But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.” -Acts 20:22-24
- Spirit’s prompting
“And now constrained [or compelled] by the Spirit” –Acts 20:22
2. Certain uncertainty
“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” -Psalm 119:105
- Predictable resistance
4. Uncommon confidence
“Even though there’s going to be bad and difficult times, and even though I don’t know the details. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me. My only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me. My only goal is to finish the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. I consider my life worth nothing to me if only I can serve Jesus exactly where I am.”
- How decisive are you on a scale of 1-10? Why do you think you’re that way? What was your last difficult decision to make? How did you make it?
- Talk about a time you were prompted by the Spirit of God to do something. How did you know it was the Holy Spirit? What did you do?
- What decision do you need to make right now that will require significant faith?
- How can you glorify God in your daily tasks with uncommon confidence?
- How can we challenge each other to really live compelled by the Spirit’s prompting to share God’s good news for His glory?