1 – The Power to Become
The decisions that you make today determines the life that you will live tomorrow.
1. God cares about who before do.
“For this is the will of God, your sanctification [or holiness]…” – 1 Thessalonians 4:3
Who does God want me to become?
2. God’s will is why before what.
The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord. All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirit.” – Proverbs 16:1-2
“Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!” – Psalm 139: 23-24
“And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” – Colossians 3:17
You’ve got to get a better vision of God in order to become a better version of you!
When you want to do something big in the future, be who God calls you to be today.
“His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much…” – Matthew 25:21
If you are becoming the right who, God will help you choose the right do.
– Really think about this one: Who does God want you to become?
– What’s one area of your life where you wish you knew what God wanted you to do? Are you more focused on choosing the right do, or becoming the right who?
– Think about what you’re asking God. Then, answer these questions: What do I really want, why do I want it, and will this cause me to become more like Christ?
– What’s your next step toward becoming the right who? When will you take it? Who will hold you to it?