2 – The Bread of Life
“I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6
“I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.” John 6:35
Everyone is searching for something.
VIDEO: Tom Brady “More than This” (YouTube – 3:03)
“When the people saw him do this miraculous sign, they exclaimed, “Surely, he is the Prophet we have been expecting! When Jesus saw that they were ready to force him to be their king, he slipped away into the hills by himself.” John 6:14-15
Jesus said to not work for food that goes bad.
“I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.” John 6:28-35
Jesus is the source for life.
Develop a hunger for more of Him.
“…whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.” John 6:35
Stuff satisfies for a moment, but Jesus satisfies for a lifetime!
– What does Jesus being an icon mean to you? How has he personally changed your life?
– How would you describe the gap that exists in everyone’s life? Why do we have that?
– Todd shared three areas that we try to fill the gap (people, experiences and stuff). Which one is the primary one you do to fill the gap?
– What does Jesus being the bread of life mean? How does he satisfy better than bread?
– How do you apply what you learned tonight to your life this week?