1 – The One, The Way
1. Icons are famous for doing something remarkable.
2. Icons are famous for how they changed things.
3. Icons are famous for what they say.
“Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” John 14:6
JESUS IS THE WAY…
… FOR US ALL TO HAVE THE BEST LIFE
“The robber comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy. I came so they might have life, a great full life.” John 10:10.
… FOR US ALL TO BE FORGIVEN
“Jesus was back again at the Temple. A crowd soon gathered, and he sat down and taught them. As he was speaking, the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in the act of adultery. They put her in front of the crowd. “Teacher,” they said to Jesus, “this woman was caught in the act of adultery. The law of Moses says to stone her. What do you say?” They were trying to trap him into saying something they could use against him, but Jesus stooped down and wrote in the dust with his finger. They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, “All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!” Then he stooped down again and wrote in the dust. When the accusers heard this, they slipped away one by one, beginning with the oldest, until only Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd with the woman. Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, “Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?” “No, Lord,” she said. And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.” John 8:1-11
“For the wages of sin is death…” Romans 6:23
“But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.” 1 John 1:9
“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23
… FOR US ALL TO BE FOREVER WITH HIM
“For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
– Who are some of your “icons” and why?
– Why do you think our culture values icons so much? What does that make you feel as a “regular” person?
– Have you considered Jesus an icon before? Why or why not? What are some of the reasons Todd said that He is (the difference He has made in history)?
– How is Jesus being the only One and the only Way make Christianity unique?
– What are ways you can share this Good News with your friends this week?