2 – Facing Rejection
how you face the giant of rejection and failure will directly impact your future.
“We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed and broken. We are perplexed, but we don’t give up and quit. We are hunted down, but God never abandons us. We get knocked down, but we get up again and keep going.” 2 Corinthians 4:8-9
“He who began a good work in you will be faithful to carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” Philippians 1:6
“Now Eliab his eldest brother heard when he spoke to the men. And Eliab’s anger was kindled against David, and he said, “Why have you come down? And with whom have you left those few sheep in the wilderness? I know your presumption and the evil of your heart, for you have come down to see the battle.” 1 Samuel 17:28
“And Saul said to David, “You are not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him, for you are but a youth, and he has been a man of war from his youth.” 1 Samuel 17:33
“he was but a youth, ruddy and handsome “Am I a dog, that you come to me with sticks?” And the Philistine cursed David by his gods. The Philistine said to David, “Come to me, and I will give your flesh to the birds of the air and to the beasts of the field” 1 Samuel 17:43-44
- Understand the miracle of your creation
“For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.” Psalm 139:13-14
- Revel in the mystery that Jesus chose you
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.” Ephesians 1:3-6
- Grasp how costly it was for Jesus to rescue you
“In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight.” Ephesians 1: 7-8
- Live from acceptance, not for it
– Share a story about a time when you felt rejected. What emotions surrounded that issue? How do you feel about that issue now?
– Where are you currently facing rejection? How are you dealing with it? How could you deal with it in a more healthy, Biblical way?
– What happens in your life if rejection goes unaddressed? Do you tend to face it head on or ignore it? Why?
– How did some of the truths Todd shared give you tools to face rejection?
– What can you put into practice this week from what you learned tonight?