- Bulls-eye living is not living a perfect life
“For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.” Romans 3:23
- Bulls-eye living is not living a happy life
“If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
- Bulls-eye living is not living your life plus Jesus.
“My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Galatians 2:20
“The Lord has made everything for His own purpose.” Proverbs 16:4a
It’s living as if God is real, important and worthy of my entire life.
- Bulls-eye living gives me a reason to live.
’I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘these plans are for good not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.’” Jeremiah 29:11
“A thief is there to steal, kill and destroy. I came that you might have real and eternal life, more and better life than you ever dreamed of” John 10:10
- Bulls-eye living makes my decisions clearer.
“A doubtful mind is unsettled as a wave of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind.” James 1:6
“There is a path before each person that seems right, but it ends in death.” Proverbs 14:12
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take” Proverbs 3:5-6
- Bulls-eye living gives my life meaning.
“So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.” Ephesians 5:15-17
– What are some of the “targets” you tend to aim for more than Jesus? Why do you give them so much time and energy?
– What does hitting the bullseye with Jesus look like for you right now? How could it grow to be a better focus and priority?
– What are some things that may need to stop in order to that bullseye on Jesus to take place?
– How can you put some of these practices in place this new school year?