1 – Hell
“God has set eternity in the hearts of men.” Ecclesiastes 3:11
“Heaven can only be entered through narrow gate [it’s talking about Jesus]. The highway to hell is broad and its gate is wide enough for everyone who chooses its easy way.” Matthew 7:13
1. Hell is horrible.
“They will throw them into the fiery furnace where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” Matthew 13:42
2. Hell is forever.
“They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power.” 2 Thessalonians 1:9
3. Hell is lonely.
“And many shall be cast in outer darkness into the place of weeping and torment.” Matthew 8:12
4. Hell is real.
“The Lord is patient towards you, not wishing for anybody to perish but for everybody to come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9
Hell is no place to call home.
- Do you think about what’s next that much? Why or why not?
- What have been some of your thoughts about hell? What has shaped those thoughts?
- Does it make sense to you why hell would be an appropriate punishment for sin? Why or why not?
- How can thinking about hell actually help you when it comes to sharing your faith with your friends?
- How can you apply what we talked about tonight to your life this week?