2 – If He is Savior / Then I Can Be Changed
“Then God said, ‘Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.’ So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them.” Genesis 1:26-28
“Behold, I am making all things new!” Revelation 21:5
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” 2 Corinthians 5:17
“And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh.” Ezekiel 11:19
1. A new creation is aware of a new way of thinking and living.
2. A new creation is tender toward the suffering and sorrow of others.
3. A new creation is unsatisfied until it has more of Christ.
“Oh, that I might know Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law.” Philippians 3:8-9
1. How much do you think about Jesus? Why does really knowing the true Jesus make a difference in your life?
2. Where do you tend to struggle with your identity? What shapes it the most?
3. How does better understanding Jesus as Savior change your identity?
4. What are areas you can see where He has made you new? What areas still need changing?
5. How can you apply what you learned tonight to your life this week?