Me + You
1 – God’s Original Design
“All of us have strayed away like sheep. We have left God’s paths to follow our own.” Isaiah 53:6
“Leave your simple ways and you will live. Walk in the way of understanding.” Proverbs 9:6
1. Realize the power of God’s love
“Long before He laid down earth’s foundation, God had us in mind. He settled on us as the focus of His love.” Ephesians 1:4
2. Celebrate the uniqueness of your design
“People knew God perfectly well, but while they didn’t treat Him like God. Refusing to worship Him, they trivialized themselves into silliness and confusion. So there was neither sense or direction left in their lives.” Romans 1:21
“You made all the delicate inner parts of my body and You knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank You for making me so wonderfully complex. Your workmanship is marvelous, and how well I know it. How precious are Your thoughts about me, O God. They are innumerable. I can’t even count them. They outnumber the grains of sand. When I wake up in the morning, You are still with me.” Psalm 139:13-14, 17-18
3. Make a commitment to care and think
“Our bodies were not made for sexual immorality. They were made for the Lord. And the Lord cares about our bodies.” 1 Corinthians 6:13
- How well would you say you know God’s design when it comes to love, relationships and sex? Why is knowing so important?
- Where do you struggle most when it comes to your identity in God’s design?
- What are some of the biggest lies from culture that you have to fight against?
- What are you walking away that you can apply to your life this week?