3 – Make Disciples
“Go and do the same.”
“Go and sin no more.”
“Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:16-20
1. Start: Live as a disciple
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” 2 Corinthians 5:17
2. Embrace: The mission is to show the lost the way.
“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” John 14:6
3. Ask: Who in my life needs Jesus?
4. Be intentional: Make disciples as you go
“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you…” Matthew 28:19-20
• Evangelize the lost
• Establish them in the faith
• Equip them to follow
Evangelize. Establish. Equip.
“Only one life, will soon be past, only what’s done for Christ will last.” -CT Studd
- When you hear “go and make disciples” what first comes to mind?
- How do you relate this command from Jesus to your life? Is it something you regularly think about? Why or why not?
- What are your biggest fears or reservations in making disciples? How can you (by power of the Holy Spirit) overcome those?
- Who in your life needs Jesus? Who are your five? [PRAY]
- What are some intentional ways you can go and make disciples (evangelize, establish, equip) this New Year?