2 – Sin No More
Sin is anything that separates us from God, in actions or thoughts.
1. Your sin carries with it the death penalty.
2. You have been pardoned by Jesus.
Grace is unmerited divine forgiveness.
“In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight…” Ephesians 1:7-8
3. Accept Jesus’ forgiveness.
1. Know the Consequences
2. Get in a LIFE Group
3. Become a Doer
“Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.” James 1:2
1. Who do you most resonate with in the story we read in John 8? Why?
2. Why do you think Jesus said to the woman, “Go and sin no more?” What does hearing those words mean to you personally?
3. Are you able to see your sin clearly? How seriously do you take your sin?
4. Why is addressing our sin really the first step towards spiritual growth? Can you grow spiritually without addressing your sin?
5. How can you put into practice what you learned tonight?