1 – Do the Same
“Jesus replied, “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who stripped him and beat him and departed, leaving him half dead. Now by chance a priest was going down that road, and when he saw him he passed by on the other side. So likewise a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he journeyed, came to where he was, and when he saw him, he had compassion. He went to him and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he set him on his own animal and brought him to an inn and took care of him. And the next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper, saying, ‘Take care of him, and whatever more you spend, I will repay you when I come back.’ Which of these three, do you think, proved to be a neighbor to the man who fell among the robbers?” He said, “The one who showed him mercy.” And Jesus said to him, “You go, and do likewise.” Luke 10:30-37
1. PREPARE: Be Ready
2. NOTICE: Have Compassion
Compassion is best showed in the small acts of kindness.
Seeing is good, but presence is better.
3. RESPOND: Take Action
The self-centered life is a shallow life. The self-focused life is an empty life. Love only yourself and you’ll end up all alone.
- What do you like about new? Do you have any resolutions for this New Year?
- Do you find you are a “go” type person? What motivates you spiritually?
- Are you able to see your self-centeredness? What else may be hindering you from being all in with Jesus?
- The challenge tonight is to “go and do the same”. What would that look like in your life? How can you better prepare, notice and respond?
- How can you best put into practice what Todd talked about tonight?