3 – I lived with no regrets
“If God is for us then who can be against us?” Romans 8:31
1. Discipline guides our actions into no regret living.
”For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.” Romans 7:15
“Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So, run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.” 1 Corinthians 9:24-25
“So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.” 1 Corinthians 9:26-27
2. Repentance restores our relationship during no regret living.
“There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” Romans 8:1
There is no regret that God cannot redeem.
No one knows your potential like the one who gave it to you.
Repentance is a restraining order against regret.
Conviction is feeling guilt over unconfessed sin.
Condemnation is feeling guilt over confessed sin.
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9
“And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” Philippians 1:6
“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness…” 2 Corinthians 12:9
- If you could take back anything in your life that you have regrets over, what would it be?
- When it comes to your faith, do you have a vision for what no regret living could look like? Describe it.
- How disciplined are you? How does discipline have to be a necessary part to no regret living? How can this develop in you?
- Talk about repentance in your life and faith? How is this foundational to no regret living?
- What would it look like in your life to answer our question tonight, ‘what if I lived a no regret life? What needs to change to make that happen?