For the Win
1 – Integrity
“And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?” Matthew 16:26
Character is who you are when no one else is looking.
1. Character is your foundation.
“… for whatever is in your heart determines what you say.” Matthew 12:34
2. Character is automatic.
3. You are forming your character every day.
“But the Lord said to Samuel, “Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The Lord doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7
The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness. The state of being whole and undivided.
Integrity is being the same person in private you are in public.
“Don’t lie to each other, for you have stripped off your old sinful nature and all its wicked deeds. Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him.” Colossians 3:9-10
1. Integrity is making things right
“If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities.” Luke 16:10
2. Integrity is always the right choice
“Don’t be misled—you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant. Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit. So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.” Galatians 6:7-9
“People with integrity walk safely, but those who follow crooked paths will slip and fall.” Proverbs 10:9
- When you think about character or integrity – what first comes to your mind? Who are people you look up to that have integrity?
- How important is your character to you? Is it something you are active in pursuing?
- When it comes to integrity, where you do you tend to make exceptions? Why do you think God cares so much – even about the little areas?
- Are you the same person inside that you projecting on the outside? Where do you tend to have the most duality in your life?
- What are some ways you can go for the win this week when it comes to your integrity?