Wear It: the fabric of the Gospel
8 – Holy Spirit’s Power
“Instead, clothe yourself with the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. And don’t let yourself think about ways to indulge your evil desires.” Romans 13:14
5 Gospel truths that we are trying by God’s grace to wear each and every day:
1. God is the holy, just and gracious Creator of all things.
2. We are each created by God, but we are all corrupted by sin.
3. Jesus alone is able to remove our sin and restore us to God.
4. We can be restored to God only through faith in Jesus.
5. Our eternal destiny hinges on our response to Jesus.
“Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.” John 14:10-11
“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.” John 14:12
- Do you even feel burdened for the lost? Is sharing the gospel a regular part of your life? If not, why? Confess this to God and pray for Him to give you a greater understanding of who He is and of the eternal destiny of the lost.
- What fears do you have regarding evangelism? What does Scripture say regarding those fears, God’s character, and man’s eternity?
- What is the role of the Holy Spirit in evangelism? How do you rely on the Spirit and not yourself in evangelism?
- How can you join God in His work this week? How can you intentionally make yourself more available to be around unsaved people? How can you cultivate relationships with them?
- What is God calling you to sacrifice in order to join God in His mission? What keeps you from participating in His work? What might you need to rearrange in your life this school year to make evangelism a priority?