Wear It: The Fabric of the Gospel
2- Man’s Sinfulness
“Instead, clothe yourself with the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. And don’t let yourself think about ways to indulge your evil desires.” Romans 13:14
1. Be authentic
2. Be obedient
3. Be bold
“I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.” Romans 1:16
We are each created by God, but we are all corrupted by sin.
1. We have rebelled against God.
“All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.” Romans 3:12
2. We are separated from God.
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
3. We are dead without God.
“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23
“The grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people.” Titus 2:11
- How does earnestly praying for lost people naturally overflow from belief in Jesus? If you are not regularly involved in praying for lost people, what does that reveal about your belief in Jesus?
- Why is it important for your life to reflect Christ as you tell others about Him?
- What traits of human nature reflect the gracious work of God in all people? What traits reflect our sin?
- Why is it so important that you demonstrate respect and care for people? What effect does disrespectful behavior, such as bad language, have on your gospel witness?
- How can you wear the Gospel better this week? What are some intentional things you can do?