4 – Choose Reputation
Thinking about what I’ve learned from the past, where I am right now, and my future dreams, what is the wise thing for me to do?
Let go of the good so that you can grab hold of the better.
“Choose a good reputation over great riches; being held in high esteem is better than silver or gold.” Proverbs 22:1
“God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.” Ephesians 1:5
“Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did.” 1 John 2:6
1. A good reputation instills confidence.
“Whoever walks in integrity walks securely.” Proverbs 10:9
2. A good reputation speaks for you.
“When the queen of Sheba heard of Solomon’s fame, she came to Jerusalem to test him with hard questions. She arrived with a large group of attendants and a great caravan of camels loaded with spices, large quantities of gold, and precious jewels. When she met with Solomon, she talked with him about everything she had on her mind.” 2 Chronicles 9:1
“She exclaimed to the king, “Everything I heard in my country about your achievements and wisdom is true! I didn’t believe what was said until I arrived here and saw it with my own eyes. In fact, I had not heard the half of your great wisdom! It is far beyond what I was told.” 2 Chronicles 9:5-6
3. A good reputation inspires others.
“And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ.” 1 Corinthians 11:1
You are creating tomorrow’s legacy today.
1. Do you think others would describe you as having a good name or reputation?
2. Who has inspired you by their life or reputation? What have you learned from them?
3. What do you want to be known for? What kind of legacy do you want to leave?
4. Considering what Christ has done in you, how can you say to others, “Follow me as I follow Christ”? How might that play out in your life?
5. What are some things that need to change so that you can better represent Christ’s name and build a Godly reputation this week?