1 – Choose Worship
You’re going to have to let go of the good to grab a hold of the better.
Thinking about what I’ve learned from the past, where I am right now, and my future dreams, what is the wise thing for me to do?
What you are asking when it comes to choosing better in any decision you will face comes down to one key word: wisdom.
- What is the chief end of man (meaning what is man’s one purpose)? And the answer is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.
“How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of Heaven’s Armies. I long, yes, I faint with longing, to enter the courts of the Lord. With my whole being, body and soul, I will shout joyfully to the living God.” – Psalm 84:1-2
“A single day in your courts is better than a thousand anywhere else! I would rather be a gatekeeper in the house of my God than live the good life in the homes of the wicked.” – Psalm 84:10
Live with an ongoing, unending awareness of God’s presence.
“Whatever you do, whether in word or in deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.” – Colossians 3:17
Develop the habit of…
- Constant communication with God.
“Be joyful always… pray continually.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17
- Instant obedience to God.
”Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.” – Galatians 5:25
- Daily desperation for God.
“My soul yearns for you. My heart faints for the living God.” – Psalm 84:1-2
“Taste and see that the Lord is good.” – Psalm 34:8
“O God, you are my god, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.” – Psalm 63:1-3
1) We all know the right answer is time with God (worship) is better. But do you really believe this? What does this look like in your life?
2) What are some of the things keeping you from having an ongoing, unending awareness of God? What will do you to remove these distractions?
3) When you think about the habits Todd talked about, which one do you feel you need to improve? Constant communication, instant obedience, or daily desperation?
4) What good things do you need to let go of so that you can grab hold of the better in your life?