2 – Relationships
“My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” – Galatians 2:20
“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” – John 13:34-35
1. What is a friend?
2. How do I receive value?
3. Why do I communicate?
“And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.” – Hebrews 10:24-25
How can you practice presence?
1. Simply be present.
“Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.” – Romans 12:9
2. Strive to be engaged.
“Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.” – 1 Peter 4:8
It doesn’t matter how many likes you’ve got… it’s only going to matter how much love you showed.
“Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.” – 1 John 3:18
1. Where do you find that technology is hindering not helping your relationships? What are some ways that you have used it to help in relationships?
2. What are ways social media has redefined friendship for you?
3. Do you find yourself using social media to seek immediate affirmation?
4. Would your online friends be able to tell that you are a Christian? Why or why not?
5. What are some steps you can take this week to practice the power of presence and show real love?