Relationships: No Strings Attached
1 – Dating
If you want something that you’ve never had, you must do something that you’ve never done.
”Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” – Romans 12:2
“Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise.” – 1 Corinthians 3:18
1. I will have a higher standard on who I will see, date or spend time with.
“Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers…” – 2 Corinthians 6:14
Be the person you want to date.
2. I will have a higher standard on what I will do or what I won’t do
“As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”” – 1 Peter 1:14-16
“Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.” – Hebrews 13:4
3. I will have a higher standard on what I expect
“Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us…” – Ephesians 3:20
Don’t trade what God sees for your future based only on what you can see now.
1. Realize you don’t have to date at all right now.
“…don’t arouse or waken love until it so desires.” – Song of Solomon 2:7
2. Realize dating doesn’t have to be serious or exclusive.
– What are some common practices in high school dating (the cultural way)?
– What are some things you learned in regards to dating tonight? How should the Bible frame out your dating experiences?
– Out of the three “higher standards” which one challenged you the most? Why?
– Todd said, “If you want something you’ve never had, you must do something you’ve never done.” How does that apply to dating?
– How can you apply some convictions to your dating life even this week? What will change as a result of tonight?