Relationships: No Strings Attached
3 – Mating
“Your rounded thighs are like jewels, the work of a skilled craftsman. Your navel is perfectly formed like a goblet filled with mixed wine. Between your thighs lies a mound of wheat bordered with lilies. Your breasts are like two fawns, twin fawns of a gazelle.” – Song of Solomon 7:1-3
- The World’s Way: Do WHAT you want, WHEN you want and with WHOMEVER you want
- God’s Plan: Have a great time for a lifetime… 1 man + 1 woman, within 1 marriage.
”Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” – Romans 12:2
- Progression only moves one way… forward.
- Progression accelerates over time.
- You start the next relationship where you finished with the previous one.
What are the best choices for my life, my relationship with God, and for my future?
“’For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord. ‘They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.’” – Jeremiah 29:11
1. God created sex
“Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him. Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.” – Genesis 2:18, 24-25
“And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it…” – Genesis 1:28
2. You want sex
3. Sex is broken
“Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.” – 2 Timothy 2:22
4. Sex can be great
“For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light…” – Ephesians 5:8-14
Demonstrate your faithfulness to your husband or wife in the FUTURE, by your faithfulness to them NOW.
“Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, “Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?” “No, Lord,” she said. And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.” – John 8:10-11
1. How comfortable are you talking about physical intimacy (sexual activity) – why or why not?
2. Is it easy for you to spot messages that come from culture and see that they stand opposed to God’s plan? How can you better identify these?
3. What did you learn about progression as it relates to your sex drive? How can asking the right question be beneficial here? How does God’s Word encourage us to wait?
4. Why is going back to the truth and plan that God created and designed so important?
5. What steps or boundaries can you put in place today that will protect your tomorrows?