2 – Learning Prayer
“Lord, teach us to pray…” – Luke 11:1
“Pray then like this: ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.’ ” – Matthew 6:9-13
1. The Point of Prayer
Our Father in Heaven
Hallowed be Your name
2. The Mission of Prayer
Your Kingdom Come, Your Will Be Done on Earth as it is in Heaven
3. The Posture of Prayer
Give us this day our daily bread
Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors
Deliver us from Evil
For Yours is the Kingdom, the Power and the Glory Forever
- How familiar were you with the Lord’s (Model) Prayer before tonight? Have you used it as a model in your prayer life? How do you think you could now?
- Why should our prayer always start with God (in the ACTS model – Adoration)? How would your prayer life be different if you started with Him and not yourself?
- Why do you think God wants to know our needs if He promises already to provide for them?
- What did your learn tonight about prayer that will help you better practice prayer.
- As a group, try to pray through the Model Prayer in your own words.