Week 1 – Grace
“The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.” – Psalm 145:8
- God’s love in action
- God giving me what I need, not what I deserve
- God sacrificing His only sinless, son, Jesus to save sinners like me
- The face God wears when He sees my failures
Grace is everything for nothing to those who don’t deserve anything.
“God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.” – 2 Corinthians 5:21
“In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross!” – Philippians 2:5-8
God’s gift to me
“…for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.” – Romans 3:23-24
Received by faith
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.” – Ephesians 2:8-9
“Therefore, the promise comes by faith…” – Romans 4:16
“For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.” – Luke 15:24
Available to everyone
“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” – Romans 10:13
Comes through Christ
“I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no one comes to the Father except through me.” – John 14:6
“For the law was given through Moses, but God’s unfailing love and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ.” – John 1:17
“I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!” – Galatians 2:21
Extended throughout eternity
“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” – Romans 6:23
Do you wonder what Heaven will be like? It’s an amazing place. The Bible says that we will:
- Reunited with loved ones who are believers
- Rewarded for our faith …
- Reassigned to do work that we love to do
- Released from all pain, depression, and sorrow
“Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.” – Isaiah 30:18
- Todd said grace is everything for nothing to those who don’t deserve anything. Explain.
- Describe a time when you received grace and you didn’t deserve it.
- How is God’s grace in salvation through Jesus free but costly?
- Explain how we receive salvation by grace through faith? What is required of us?