Who is Jesus?
Week 8 – He is Resurrection & Life
Key Scripture: “I am the resurrection and life. He who believes in me, even though he dies shall live.” – John 11:25
“Jesus, then began to teach them, that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, chief priest and teachers of the law, and he must be killed and after three days rise again.” – Mark 8:31
“And they made his grave with the wicked and with a rich man in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth.” – Isaiah 53:9
“There will also be a day when we like Jesus will get a resurrection body.” – 1 Corinthians 15
“I have come that you may have life and have it to the fullest.” – John 10:10
“Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil. Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins.” – James 4:13-17
How do you live a full life because of the life Jesus gave you? Let me give you three challenges:
1. Turn When Into Now.
“This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” – Psalm 118:24
2. Turn Intentions Into Actions.
“Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act. Do not say to your neighbor,” Come back later; I’ll give it tomorrow” — when you now have it with you. – Proverbs 3:27
3. Turn My Whole Heart Toward Jesus.
1) How did Jesus resurrection change everything? What if He only died but didn’t rise again?
2) What is the most compelling reason you believe in the resurrection of Jesus? Do you feel you could defend it to others?
3) Does “Jesus is alive” resonate in your heart? Does it make you want to scream it out in praise? Or has the news grown stale?
4) What does Jesus resurrection mean for us spiritually? How does it affect our life both now and for eternity?
5) Who needs to hear this amazing Good News in your life this week? How can Jesus resurrection impact your witness?