Who is Jesus?
Week 2: He is the Only Way
“But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough.” – 2 Corinthians 11:3-4
“There was no beauty or majesty in him that would attract us to him.” – Isaiah 53:2
1. I am God
“Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?” And Jesus said, “I am, and you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.” – Mark 14:61-62
2. I came down from Heaven
“For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.” – John 6:38
“So the Jews grumbled about him, because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.” They said, “Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does he now say, ‘I have come down from heaven’?” – John 6:41-42
3. I am without any sin and I forgive sin
4. I am the way to heaven
“I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” – John 14:6
“Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.” – 1 John 2:6
“This is the love of God, that we keep his commandments and His commandments are not burdensome.” – 1 John 5:3
– How do you see Jesus viewed in popular culture today? among your friends? at your high school?
– What are some of the reasons you think people struggle to believe that Jesus is the only way?
– True or False: Everything hinges on whether or not you believe Jesus is God, including the quality of life that you life today and the eternity of life that you’ll have after this life. Discuss.
– Even if you believe Jesus is the only way, do you struggle giving Him control over your life? Do you usually only want Him as Savior and not as Lord?
– How can you share the Good News that Jesus is the only way this week? Who in your life needs to hear this truth?