MS Summer Wildlife – 5/31/15
Week 1 – Thirsty for Treasure
Key Scripture: “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” – Jeremiah 29:13
“God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.” – John Piper
“Jesus replied, “If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water.” …Jesus replied, “Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again. But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.” – John 4:10, 13-14
““Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink – even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk – it’s all free! Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength? Why pay for food that does you no good? Listen to me, and you will eat what is good. You will enjoy the finest food. “Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen, and you will find life. I will make an everlasting covenant with you. I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David.” – Isaiah 55:1-3
1. You have to be thirsty
2. You have to come empty handed
3. You have to respond to the Good News
– Tell about a time you were really thirsty. What made you that way? What satisfied your thirst?
– Why do you think you would need to be thirsty to find a treasure?
– What are some of the ways we satisfy ourselves in ways that don’t last like living water?
– What does it mean to have Jesus as living water? How is He really what you are seeking?
– How can you practice being more thirsty for Him this week? What are ways you can find satisfaction and happiness in Him this week?