Silly Love Songs
5 – Marry You (But let’s date first)
Dating: Anytime two people of the opposite sex are TOGETHER with the intent to GET TO KNOW one another better.
“Be careful how you act. These are difficult days. Don’t be fools. Be wise.” – Ephesians 5:15-17
What’s the purpose for dating?
1. Dating for fun.
“…don’t arouse or waken love until it so desires.” – Song of Solomon 2:7
2. Dating to be popular.
“Obviously, I’m not trying to be a people pleaser! No, I am trying to please God. If I were still trying to please people, I would not be Christ’s servant.” – Galatians 1:10
3. Dating to conquer.
“Love each other with genuine affection and take delight in honoring each other.” – Romans 12:10
4. Dating to find the one for you.
Dating doesn’t have to be serious or exclusive.
“If you belong to the world it will love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world but I have chosen you out of the world.” – 1 John 15:19
– What do you feel is one of the biggest lies that culture tries to tell you about dating?
– Have you thought much about dating yet? Do you feel pressure to date already?
– Why would it be important to understand God’s design about relationships before you start dating?
– What are some ways you feel you will know that you are ready to date? Have you talked to your parents yet? What is their advice?
– How can we as Christians set a different model for dating to the culture around us?