Silly Love Songs
Week 1: Just the Way You Are
“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” – John 8:32
- God’s design is unique
“You made all the delicate inner parts of my body and You knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank You for making me so wonderfully complex. Your workmanship is marvelous, and how well I know it. How precious are Your thoughts about me, O God. They are innumerable. I can’t even count them. They outnumber the grains of sand. When I wake up in the morning, You are still with me.” – Psalm 139:13-14, 17-18
- God’s plan is for relationships
“Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.” – Genesis 2:18
“This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one. Now the man and his wife were both naked, but they felt no shame.” – Genesis 2:24-25
“All of us have strayed away like sheep. We have left God’s paths to follow our own.” – Isaiah 53:6
“Leave your simple ways and you will live. Walk in the way of understanding.” – Proverbs 9:6
- God’s love is foundational
“Long before He laid down earth’s foundation, God had us in mind. He settled on us as the focus of His love.” – Ephesians 1:4
- My commitment is crucial.
- Where do you struggle with the idea of God creating you “just the way you are”?
- What pressures do you find from culture (school, friends, movies, music) to be different than you are? Explain.
- How does knowing that God is your Creator and His design is unique help you?
- How does understanding God’s design for relationships differ from culture’s design?
- How do you apply what you learned tonight to your life even this week? Who are you praying for and could you invite to this series?