Change of Heart
3 – Life Change
Key scripture: “And I will give them singleness of heart and put a new spirit within them. I will take away their stony, stubborn heart and give them a tender, responsive heart…” – Ezekiel 11:19
“What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore. The old life has gone. A new life has begun!” – 2 Corinthians 5:17
“Jesus replied, “You don’t understand now what I am doing, but someday you will.” – John 13:7
- God wants to save you
- God wants to change you
- God wants to use you
“God is working in you, giving you the desire to obey Him and the power to do what pleases Him.” – Philippians 2:13
- Be open to God’s work in your life
- Be looking for God’s work in your life
“The way to identify a tree or a person is by the kind of fruit that is produced.” – Matthew 7:20
“Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a right spirit within me.” – Psalm 51:10
- Be active in God’s work in others’ lives.
God changes you when you serve Him.
“I command you to love each other in the same way that I love you. And here is how to measure it – the greatest love is shown when people lay down their lives for their friends.” – John 15:12-13
“God has given gifts to each of you from His great variety of spiritual gifts. Manage them well so that God’s generosity can flow through you.” – 1 Peter 4:10
– Where do you most see in your life that change has taken place? Give us an example.
– What are some areas you find most difficult to change (old habits, friendships, etc)? How can you better pray and work to see life change in these areas?
– Why do you think it is so important that Christ change our heart and our life (inside and outside)? How does how we live impact our ability to share our faith?
– Who are some friends you can be praying to share your faith with this week?
– How can you apply this “Change of Heart” series to your life?